Dress - Primark | Necklace - Topman
I've been lusting after the Topshop version of this dress for ages now but just couldn't justify spending £25 on what is, lets face it, basically a plain t-shirt. So you could imagine my joy when I found this one in Primark for just £8! The material is pretty thin but I don't reckon the Topshop version would be up to much either if their previous jersey pieces are anything to go by - they usually go bobbly after a few washes.
I've been off this week and have been all over. On Saturday it was really sunny so me and my boyfriend went to Whitby, on Monday it was lovely again so we had a quick trip to Sainsburys for some lunch and ate it in the park. On Tuesday I went to Leeds to see one of my friends and then onto Lincoln later that day to see another friend. Today I've been for a walk round Saltburn, it was pretty cold though - I couldn't feel my ears by the time we got back in the car.
I've been tagged in two 11 questions posts recently by Valentina of Leopard and Salmon and by Laura of Lolly Coral, I love reading these posts on other peoples blogs so I thought I'd give it a go. The first part is to write 11 random things about yourself.
1. I have two cats, Poppy and Alfie. Poppy is really grumpy and I'm actually a bit scared of her.
2. I used to have really blonde hair.
3. It took me nine goes to pass my driving test.
4. I like the green sweets best and always leave the black ones, no matter what type of sweets they are.
5. I'm a complete bookworm and used to read every night - until my iPhone took over my life. I really want to get back into it.
6. I have a first class degree in journalism and one year on still haven't done anything with it.
7. I've always wanted to know what I'd look like with bright red hair but my mum has always put me off dying it.
8. I have a ridiculously large nail varnish collection but hardly wear any of them because I'm not allowed to wear nail varnish for work.
9. I keep a teddy under my bed that my dad bought me when I was a day old. All the fur has been loved off.
10. I secretly don't mind watching 'boy' films but moan like mad when my boyfriend tries to make me watch one.
11. I used to be really into art and did an art subject right up until A Level. I wish I still had time for that kind of thing now.
The next step is to answer questions set for you in the original post:
1. Can you pat your head and rub your tummy at the same time?
Yes, but with great difficulty.
2. How would you style this seasons pastel trend?
With something neutral like black, grey or white. I'm not a fan of pastel overload.
3. Name your top three hair products.
Tressemme Dry Shampoo. And thats it - I probably don't take as good care of my hair as I should.
4. Any allergies?
Not that I know of. Although I have really sensitive eyes and most eye make up removers make my eyes sting like a bitch!
5. When you were young, what did you want to grow up to be?
A teacher, probably because two of my grandparents were teachers.
6. What is your favourite fragrance?
Viktor and Rolf - Flowerbomb
7. If you were an animal what would you be and why.
A bird, just so I could fly.
8. High Street or Designer?
9. What is your favourite trend this season.
Probably pastels, just as long as they aren't overdone. I like seeing all the bright colours after the dark of winter. But I do also like the 90s grungy look as well. Total opposites I know!
10. What are you most afraid of?
I have a really irrational fear of slugs. Probably something to do with my sister chasing me round the back garden with them when I was little.
11. What is your favourite season and why?
Summer - I love the sun.
1. Favourite food?
The Chicken Vindaloo that my boyfriend makes.
2. Most embarrassing thing you have experienced?
When I was about 14 I was walking through the Bus Station in town when I tripped, probably over my own feet, and ended up falling onto a child in a push chair. I've never gone to red.
3. Favourite movie and why?
Mean Girls! It's hilarious, I could probably quote the majority of it.
4. Celebrity style icon.
Probably someone really casual like Rachel Bilson.
5. Best way to spend free time?
With my friends or boyfriend, doesn't really matter what we're doing.
6. Guilty pleasure?
Watching Mean Girls.
7. What is the best prank you have pulled?
I can't say I've ever pulled one. I do remember the whole of my class planning to put a pin on the teachers chair in year 5 but we chickened out. It probably wouldn't have been that funny considering the trouble we'd have all been in. I also remember moving the tables around in a french lesson in secondary school when the teachers back was turned. She looked so confused every time she turned back around.
8. Favourite piece of clothing in your closet?
Probably my cross necklace. Does that count as clothing?
9. If you had a billion dollars what would you do with it?
Buy a lovely house somewhere hot. And never have to work again.
10. What is your favourite word?
11. What's something about yourself that you are most confident about?
I don't know. I suppose I don't really have that many insecurities which is quite nice as I remember being a 14 year old who worried about every single thing about myself. It's nice not to be like that now and just be happy with who I am.
The next step is to create 11 questions of your own and tag other bloggers to answer them. I'm not going to do that because I'm running rather late to meet my friends at the pub and I don't really feel like I know too many people from the blogging community just yet. If you do fancy having a go of this then just answer any 11 of the questions I've answered- whichever are the most interesting. If you do this I'd love to read it so leave me a link please!
Speak soon x